Saturday, October 16, 2010

Leech me Alone!!

I went through Hezekiah's tunnel last week. (That is the tunnel that was built under the city of David to protect the water). I pranced through the tunnel and eventually found myself swimming and dipping my body under the water. I pretended I was an alligator, acting like a fourteen year old (minus the menace to others i.e. splashing people, pushing people in). Anyway I swam for a while and then realized that the water wasn't as clean as I thought. I got out and started drying off when I saw a creature that looked leechy on the ground. I said to myself, boy that looks like a leech, I should take a picture with it pretending that I have a leech on me. I tried to take a picture to no avail. Later I realized leechy thing was truly a leech. How did I find that out? Well the epiphany came when I pulled up my pant leg and saw one trying to suck off my leg. (If you don't have a visual then pretend walking in on lane kissing his girl friend, minus the girlfriend and adding my leg). I got it off and in my frustration I yelled at it, as though it understood. After I yelled at it I did the routine body check starting with places I've had leeches before and ending on places that I didn't care so much about. After the body check I heard a male senior couple whisper to his wife, "serves him right". You know what, I guess in many ways it did serve me right; I'm not even mad, why? Because I got a leech in Jerusalem. When was the last time you met someone that got leeches in Jerusalem!!!! Touché Jake (the crowed comments)

3 comments: